General Policy on Funding
The CCSLGBTQPA has funds available to support UIC individuals or organizations in events, activities, and research related to LGBTQPA communities at UIC. The CCSLGBTQPA has a limited amount of funds to sponsor or co-sponsor activities, thus priority will be given to proposals that meet the following criteria:
- To support the goals of the CCSLGBTQPA as articulated in its mission statement;
- To address issues and interests related to UIC faculty, staff, or students;
- Requests greater than $750 will require a strong rationale and special approval.
Quick Reference Funding Restrictions and Limitations
- Funding for food must be accompanied by publicity materials that explicitly invite the general public. Outside guests may include UIC students.
- State funds may not be used for purchasing gifts, tickets, equipment, or alcohol (equipment rentals are permitted)
- A co-sponsored event must be of an educational or business nature (not social)
- “Co-sponsorships by the Chancellor’s Committee on the Status of Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer People and Allies” [full name, correctly spelled, with no abbreviations] must appear on announcements for the event.
- Advertisements in an ad book for external community events are not permissible.
If you can meet the constraints above, please read the full guidelines and complete the Funding Request form (CCSLGBTQPA-FundingRequest2015A, word document) and email it to the co-chairs. The CCSLGBTQPA reviews funding proposals on a monthly basis, so requests must be made prior to the event. Please also direct any questions or concerns to the Co-Chairs.